2026年9月3日 星期四

"I love Bill Gates, but I don't see what he sees,"

GCIOSGF Newsletter會訊: "I love Bill Gates, but I don't see what he sees," Jensen Huang refutes AI unemployment claims: It's an unprecedented job creator! Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates published a lengthy article of over 5,700 words on his personal website, Gates Notes, on August 26th, warning that AI is reshaping the labor market at a pace far faster than any previous technological revolution, potentially causing massive job losses. He believes governments, industry, and society are not adequately prepared and calls for the development of transformation plans to address the impact of AI. NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang responded directly the following day in an interview on Fox Business's "The Claman Countdown," stating, "I love Bill, but I don't see what he sees," and reiterated that AI will be a "net job creator on an unprecedented scale." Bill Gates Warns: Tax System Encourages "Replacing Humans with Machines" In his lengthy article, "The turbulent AI era is here," Gates lists three risks: the evaporation of jobs for Generation Z, the potential for greater harm from malicious actors, and hindered child development. He reiterates his long-advocated core solution: taxing robots and AI tokens (the basic units for model text processing and commonly used for API pricing). Gates writes, "Right now, if you're an employer, you pay taxes on the wages of the person you hire; but buying a robot can usually be immediately listed as an operating expense. The tax system is guiding you towards replacing humans with machines." The purpose of this tax is twofold: "Taxation can slightly slow the exodus of human labor and raise funds for retraining and a stronger social safety net." Gates also warns that if AI massively replaces human labor, government income tax revenue will decline, making funding a real issue. In an interview, Jensen Huang stated frankly that his differences with Gates lay not only in their judgments but also in their solutions: "What I see is very, very different, so my solutions will also be somewhat different." He appealed to historical experience: "Looking back at history, whenever a revolutionary technology emerges, incredible progress follows." He also rejected the notion that "increased productivity equals layoffs": "When companies are more productive, they don't lay off employees; they hire more." He explained that the reason is that the vast majority of companies in the world have growth ambitions: "When companies are more productive and more profitable, we can invest more and pursue more growth." His conclusion contradicted Gates': "Overall, this will be an unprecedented net job creator." However, he also acknowledged the real impact: "Everyone's job will change; some jobs will be eliminated, and many new jobs will be created." Regarding the large number of jobs that will be disrupted, he said, "We must view this rationally, be sensitive to it, and provide support." 「我超愛比爾蓋茲,但我看不到他看到的東西」黃仁勳反駁AI失業論:它是史無前例的工作創造者! 微軟(Microsoft)共同創辦人比爾蓋茲(Bill Gates)8 月 26 日在個人網站 Gates Notes 發表逾 5,700 字長文,警告 AI 正以遠快於過往技術革命的速度重塑勞動市場,恐讓大量工作消失,並認為政府、業界與社會尚未充分準備,呼籲建立因應 AI 衝擊的轉型方案。 輝達(NVIDIA)執行長黃仁勳隔天在《Fox Business》節目《The Claman Countdown》受訪時正面回應:「我超愛比爾,但我看不到他看到的東西」,並重申 AI 將是「規模史無前例的淨工作創造者」。 比爾蓋茲警告:稅制正在鼓勵「用機器換人」 蓋茲這篇題為《The turbulent AI era is here》(動盪的 AI 時代已經到來)的長文,列出的風險清單有三項:Z 世代的工作機會蒸發、不肖分子能造成更大傷害,以及兒童發展受阻。 他重提自己倡議多年的核心藥方:對機器人與 AI token(模型處理文字的基本單位,也是 API 常用計價單位)課稅。蓋茲在文中寫道:「現在如果你是雇主,僱用一個人就要為他的薪資繳稅;但買一台機器人,通常可以馬上列為營業費用。稅制正在引導你用機器取代人。」 課稅的目的有兩個:「課稅能稍微放緩逃離人力勞動的速度,並為再培訓與更強的社會安全網籌措資金。」蓋茲並提醒,若 AI 大規模取代人力,政府的所得稅收入也會跟著下滑,財源會是實際問題。黃仁勳在受訪中直言,他與蓋茲的分歧不只在判斷,也在藥方:「我看到的東西非常、非常不同,所以我的解方也會有點不同。」他訴諸歷史經驗:「回顧歷史,每當革命性的技術出現,隨之而來的是不可思議的進步。」 他也不接受「生產力提升等於裁員」的推論:「當企業生產力更高時,他們不會裁員,而是僱用更多人。」他解釋,原因是世界上絕大多數企業都有成長的野心:「當企業更有生產力、更賺錢,就能讓我們投資更多、追求更多成長。」 他的結論與蓋茲相反:「整體而言,這將是一個規模史無前例的淨工作創造者。」但他也承認衝擊真實存在:「每個人的工作都會改變,有些工作會被淘汰,也會誕生許多新工作。」對於大量將被打亂的工作,他說:「我們必須理性看待、敏感以對,並給予支持。」

沒有留言:

張貼留言

GCIOSGF

"I love Bill Gates, but I don't see what he sees,"

GCIOSGF Newsletter會訊: "I love Bill Gates, but I don't see what he sees," Jensen Huang refutes AI unemployment claims: It'...